Friday, December 9, 2011

What Happens When You Are Free to Be YOU


Here's to YOU. Uninterrupted. After years or even decades of altering my hair for whatever reason, I say "welcome home". I don't want to step on any toes, but I do want to relate my feelings about the situation. The situation is................

Freedom.
I'm free to be me. Like it or not---because I LOVE IT.

Lost & Found
It took me a while to see the beauty that was right before me.

Health
I can now be true to any changes I make in my diet for the betterment of my health, with the knowledge that I'm not "basting" my scalp with highly toxic chemicals every 6-8 weeks.

Meet & Greet
Hi Tia, nice to meet you. I never knew you looked like that! Nice coils you've got there. Yeah, it sounds a little "special", but the truth is...growing out my natural hair brought  me face to face with a person that I had never seen before.


It's so important that you are comfortable within every aspect of your physical and mental being. If you are comfortable with yourself, then it will show. You see, I truly believe that we  are all "fearfully and wonderfully made". And as amazing as the sunlight is that is caught in this picture, and as spectacular as the ocean is to view, so is everything made by God. So instead of permanently changing myself, I finally decided to just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment