Friday, January 20, 2012

Want To Brighten & Even Your Skin Tone Naturally?






In a search for even toned "brighter" skin, as opposed to "dull" skin, I began to use Amla mixed with water in a paste or mud consistency. I didn't see any results right away, but I understand this is a process that you would need to do consistently over a matter of some months. My skin is extremely sensitive, and showed signs of irritation from the Amla mix (red in areas, some swelling in areas). That's not unusual for me, as I'm basically allergic to everything, so if you don't have sensitive skin, this is a treatment that you may want to integrate like once a week into your skin care regimen. How did I benefit from it? None. Due to my adverse reactions, my daughter urged me to stop trying.


HOWEVER, I DID benefit from mixing Amla with Turmeric! Turmeric, that seasoning you may have in your cupboard (but never use), is a plant from the Ginger family. It's used in Ayurveda treatments for many different reasons. Regarding the skin, it is said to be an antimicrobial. This paste is said to improve the skin, and is boasted as an anti-aging treatment.

It seems the turmeric eliminated the irritation symptoms that I got from the Amla. What this mix does to my skin is just beautiful. After the mix is applied, and then washed off, my skin tone appears even and brighter. The results lasts for 2 to 3 days. THIS IS NOT PERMANENT. I thought I would look like "umpa loompa" Hahaha, but I didn't. My typical skin coloring is normally yellow/orange base with brown forehead (so you can see why I would try to even it out). When I use this mixture, I can omit foundation/concealer! This is an all natural treatment, a great alternative to chemical skin lighteners/eveners.


Amla + Turmeric Treatment:  
2 Tablespoons of Amla + 1 Teaspoon of Turmeric + 2 to 3  Tablespoons of Water (You want a Mud Consistency that's a Little Runny). USE GLOVES, THE TURMERIC STAINS FINGERS. Mix well, dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply to entire face. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Remove with lukewarm water, and follow up with a cold water rinse. Apply toner, and moisturizer as usual.
* You may notice the Amla has a slight stinging sensation. This is normal unless redness or pain persists. To be on the safe side, test on the inside of your arm and note any adverse reactions.  
My Skin Tone After the Amla + Turmeric Treatment. No Foundation or Concealer Used That Day
 
This is My "Naked" Skin During the Winter Months. Nothing But Lip gloss



No comments:

Post a Comment