Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Deep Conditioning To Prepare For a Sucessful Wash N Go

DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU DEEP CONDITION?

It's been a long time since I've taken the time to deep condition my hair. I really see the difference when I do a deep conditioner. My coils show up differently. Without a deep conditioner, my wash n go's are harder to define, has extreme shrinkage, is less shiny. Let's face it, our hair loves, craves, can't get enough of oils! Keeping your hair hydrated, and then coated with the right oils will keep your length. Not only that--it will put to a stop those "bad hair days", due to dry, dull, lifeless hair.

Coils With Just Water. This is my Hair Texture Without ANY Product


It took me several times to figure out how to do my ideal wash n go. At some points of my hair growth journey, my hair wasn't at a good "length" or "shape" to do a nice wash n go. I've done posts on the wash n go, with many technique options. I feel that the foundation for a successful wash n go is: firstly, trimmed ends, and secondly, well conditioned/moisturized hair. This will get the coils to pop from roots to ends. Bypassing the unintentional frizz (sometimes I choose to include frizz in my wash n go).  

So the next picture is after I did a deep conditioning treatment (mayo, eggs, avocado, extra virgin olive oil)--blend well, or avocado chunks will be hard to remove! I kept it on for about 20 minutes while wearing a plastic cap or two. The mix didn't feel all that great while in my hands, but my hair loved this intense oil infusion, and I'm pretty sure it will show it's approval over the next few days of my wash n go wear.

Wash N Go Mostly Dry. Coils Spring Into Action After Deep Condition Mask
 
 
 


The deep conditioning mixture I used (everything from my kitchen), is tailor made to hydrate, nourish, and is filled with proteins and vitamins. This will help with elasticity, strength, body and shine. The fat soluble nutrients of the mayo are great for shine and deep conditioning properties! Any time you feel like you're struggling with dull hair that doesn't have shine, this mix could be the solution (if you don't just have product build-up). I think you can see it in the picture, but my hair definitely has shine, define, and feels very soft. It's still a little damp, but will be all dry by the morning.

HOW I DID MY WASH N GO
I used Giovanni Conditioner to define my coils. Underneath the Giovanni Conditioner is the Shea Moisture Curling Souffle. The technique used to apply these products was to simply coat the hair section by section (4 sections total). I wanted some more length this time, so I'll stretch it tonight by wearing a low, banded ponytail. If I wanted more body, I would "pineapple" it on the top of my head.

I bought some Haas avocados (buy 1 get 1 free), and wasn't able to eat it before they spoiled. I was so disappointed! But I put these avocados to good use. One went into my hair, and the other is going on my face tomorrow.  I've been having very dry skin as the weather gets cooler, and I'm not used to that. Just like my hair, my skin appreciates true moisture.

I'm gonna wear this wash n go through to Saturday. Hubby thought I looked "very cute", so I'll take that as a sign that he liked the results I got from the wash n go (the Victoria's Secret Sexy Bra doesn't hurt the whole scene either LOL).
Hair With Only Shea Moisture Curling Souffle. More Oils!!

No comments:

Post a Comment