Saturday, June 2, 2012

Awesome Blogger Award Recipient is...ME!

Congratulations to An Angel's Ringlets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I would like to thank Slimwavy for giving me the Awesome Blogger award! It's taken me a minute to compile 7 about myself things that I can safely share with you beautiful readers, but here goes something!

1. I'm a huge fan of the ID Channel, which makes complete sense since my undergraduate degree is in psychology, with a specialized love for the study of abnormal behavior. I was the girl who wanted to interview people like Ted Bundy.

2. I love to travel. I've hopped pretty much all of the Caribbean Islands, and spent a month in Africa (Liberia). Anywhere coastal intrigues me. I am drawn to the ocean in a major way. It calms me, so you'll quickly find me anywhere with a coastline.

3. I love music (specifically the use of instruments)! That may sound strange, but with the artists who are using production that is synthesized, it is rare to hear music with a real orchestra, acoustic guitar, or piano keys.  That's why I appreciate producers like Ryan Leslie, artists like Jay Z, and there are a few others who will not hesitate to throw an actual live orchestra into their production, or to sing alongside an acoustic guitar, or to throw in a full marching band (and if you have been around instruments like I have, then you will know the difference when you hear it)! I have played in concert and marching bands. I love all instruments (except the oboe and trombone?) and have tinkered with the flute, clarinet, and piano. I "play by ear" and can pretty much copy a tune.

4. I drive like a race car driver. I probably should have done race car driving as a hobby. It's not intentional, and I do it safely (I do have kids LOL), but it's just how I drive.


5. I'm afraid of heights. I scream upon takeoff and landing in anything less than a 747 airplane. It's the kind of scream that makes other passengers stare, but I don't care. I don't let it stop me from travelling, I'm well known for taking a "sedative" before takeoff, and halfway through I will have a glass of wine or an individual size Baileys. This seems to be one fear that is not corrected by "facing it".

6. I'm a published writer with articles in criminal justice journals. My writing has gotten kind of sketchy and suspect of recent. Writing is certainly one of those "use it or lose it" things. My love of reading fuels my ability to write, so when I slack off on my reading....it shows!

7. I LOVE to spend time by myself. When I don't get alone time, I get really cranky and will stare at anyone in my "alone space" for a while, without speaking. Most of my friends are the opposite, they can't stand to spend time alone. I think it's really important to like yourself. If you can't or don't want to spend time with yourself, there may be a reason.  I'm one of my best friends!

And for the grand finale, I will award the awesome blogger award to 7 of the following wonderful bloggers who's written words I look forward to daily:

Curly In Colorado  You'll enjoy hair plus more (I'm considering planting my  own food thanks 2 her)
For the Fabulous and Frugal True to it's title, you'll learn how to save some bucks on haircare
I DID IT My pricelessly professional personal organizer! I love this blog!!!
Relaxed Hair Health Resourceful information about haircare (no matter if you're relaxed or not)
SRose Blog College student's perspective on natural hair care and college life
This Hair of Mine Keep abreast of meet-ups, giveaways, and haircare tips!
SammyWithTheBigHair  This fledgling blogger shares so much haircare info & experiences!

Congratulations to you all, and thank you for the daily or weekly dose of priceless information and even some laughs!!





4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much the nomination! I trurly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. appreciate being recognized by you! N u deserve the award!!!! i like ur posts and pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks beautiful ;o) Congratulations! Now keep posting!!! LOL

      Delete