Friday, September 14, 2012

Coily Hair Wash N Go: No Products Used


MY REAL WASH N GO


 Hey Beauties! Last night was a really lazy hair prep for me. I came from walking my routine 4 miles, and was sweaty as ever. I took the crazy puppy with me for the first time. I was worried that he wouldn't be able to keep up. Boy was I WRONG! He ended up dragging me the last mile LOL!

Needless to say, I was full of energy when I got home and took my shower, but I still didn't feel like messing with my hair. I rinsed off the sweat with water, co-washed the ends of my hair with Giovanni Tea Tree Conditioner, while pulling out the shed hair. Then I squeezed out the excess water, pinned my hair into a bun and that was it! I took down the bun, used a t-shirt to sop up any dripping water, air dried a bit and then went to bed.

Coily Hair Showcase with Accessory to PoP
When I woke up, I had surprisingly soft bed-head! I just added some aloe vera gel to it, put it in a low ponytail while I got ready--and pulled that down. This was the result. This is my coil pattern without any product (except the aloe vera gel). I love it. The only thing is, I wish my hair was cut into a style suitable for this kind of wash n go.

That's why most people do not like to wear their wash n go without weighing it down with gel. Straight hair can pretty much get away with the random way that the hair can hang, but for the most part--people who wear their hair straight will either cut bangs, do a bob, blunt cut, or wear layered styling.

What I'm finding with coily hair types, is there isn't much hair cut/styling going on. I know why I won't get my coily hair cut into a style (at this time)--I love to wear my hair so many different ways that I don't want my coily hair cut to mess with that.

Anywhoo, just a thought for the day. I truly enjoyed this uninhibited day of hair styling. My hair was soft, tangle free, and most of all....it was me (for the day at least LOL)!


No comments:

Post a Comment