Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Finger Coils: Styling Shorter Length Hair Sweetly!



 Hey Beauties, meet Kimmie! A fellow naturalista who I had the pleasure of meeting recently. I was pleasantly surprised when she came over to say hello and that she knew me from our YouTube channel. Of course my eyes caught her beautiful mane, so I just had to check out her style.

Kimmie did finger coils throughout her hair. I'm pretty sure this style will look great with two strand twists as well.


I love how her coils are pinned up into a fro hawk, where most of the volume is directed towards the center of her head. This is a great style for shorter length hair. Kimmie created the coils small sized, for style versatility. When twists/coils/braids are done small, they are easily positioned. Also, she directed the coils at the hairline towards the back, so as to avoid any "lumps". This allows for more "clean" look.



This styling gets 2 thumbs up in my book of styling! My love affair with low manipulation styling is no secret. After being properly moisturized, coiled, and styled--this hair style will ensure length retention. I didn't remember to ask her how long this style can last her, but it looks like it can be easily preserved nightly with a satin scarf.







It was a pleasure meeting you Kimmie! Thanks for letting me snap away with my camera. I just had to share you with the Blog Beauties.


No comments:

Post a Comment